Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The neverending project

I baked cinnamon rolls last night so that I'd have something to have for breakfast for the next couple of days. I suspect I may be one of the few people that bakes so they DON'T have to go to the store. Whee! They're tasty...I didn't have my usual orange juice to use in the frosting so I used cointreau instead. Necessity (and alcohol) is the mother of invention. And possibly tipsiness but it tastes good.

I've been doing a fair amount of knitting the last few days. I had the bright idea to make a friend some washcloths as a housewarming gift. A week before she was due to move. In a fingering weight hemp yarn on size three needles. Needless to say she's moved and I've only finished one and a half of the things...I'd originally planned four and maybe a hand towel depending on how much yarn I had. So...yeah, knitting tonight.

I've actually become quite enamored of knitting washcloths. I have this tendency to decide to do big, complicated projects like lace shawls and blankets, having something small to work on is a nice idea. And they're useful! And I get to work with a bunch of plant fibers I've never used before so it's kind of a win situation all around. Pictures tonight, perhaps.

I also got some hemp to play with spinning wise. And miles of pima cotton. I'll be a busy boy, I have to say. I want to get some more drawing in too. And I have to pack for our move the first week of next month.

Work has no water today. This means the bathroom is unusable and we have to run across the street. Why am I here again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home