Monday, July 14, 2008

They say it's my birthday....

Somehow I doubt that it's your birthday too (though I suppose it's a possibility)

Whee! I was very, very good and did not open the huge package from my mother until this morning. It contained an easel, some canvas boards and a paint and brush set. I suppose I should get off my tail and finish the painting I've been working on, hmm?

I've been suffering from knitting ADD lately. I keep casting on or working on various projects for a tiny bit and then getting tired of them. Last night I cast on very my very first pair of socks...we'll see how far that gets. I only did it because I was going through my stash to add some stuff to ravelry and found some sock yarn I'd forgotten I had purchased. I also found half a lace shawl that I really do need to finish and a good start on a sweater that I'd forgotten about. Unfortunately I don't really what pattern I was using for the sweater so it may get frogged...I'll try and figure it out.

As promised, pictures of my spinning efforts of late:

First the singles. When I measured wraps per inch it came out to about 20 which would make it lace weight but I think they probably wandered between that and fingering weight.

singles


And the finished yarn. This picture came out a little dark, the colors are closer to the ones in the first picture. From the bottom the skeins are 16 yards, 30 yards and 53 yards...after the first one I used my larger, heavier spindle so that I could get more yardage. These are navajo plied. Not sure what I'll do with them. All superwashed blue faced Leicester.
BFL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home