Monday, July 28, 2008

Spinning a yarn

I do wonder how that got to mean telling a story along with actually, you know, spinning a yarn.

Evil plans afoot. Aside from the spinning which seems to be happening so much lately. It's less of a time commitment, I think, to pick up a spindle...you're done when you're done instead of a knitting project which you actually need to finish. That being said, I've cast on yet another project over the weekend...a small one so it will likely be finished in the next day or so. (washclothes for a friend who just bought a house) Originally I wanted to do four and maybe a hand towel or two but I'm doing them in a yarn that's about fingering weight hemp on size three needles so maybe not so much with the many there *laugh* I had hoped the yarn would be a bit heavier...I really wanted to try knitting with hemp though and I'm liking it so far...it seems very, er, exfoliating though I'm told it gets softer after a few washes.

The latest finished spinning project. It's 89 yards of superwash merino in two play. Not sure what the wpi is of it as I haven't checked yet but it turned out fairly nicely, I think. There's another 39 yards in a smaller skein not pictured because I'm too lazy to break out my camera again.

skein superwash merino

A closer look.
superwash merino close

The pictures don't do the colors justice...it's a very light grey with purples, reds and blues hinted throughout...I'm quite pleased with it. Any thoughts on what to make? I'm thinking a light scarf, perhaps.

4 Comments:

Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Nice!!! You're getting good at that, Foxy dear!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Herefox said...

Thanks! That particular fiber was very easy to work with...and I loved the colors. Thank you for it, again!

6:55 PM  
Blogger WonderMike said...

Looks lovely!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Herefox said...

Thank you! I have some more pictures I need to post, just haven't gotten around to it (and I sort of hate blogger...I'm never sure if people actually get NOTIFIED that I commented on something they've said...)

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home