Friday, July 07, 2006

There's no such thing as too much yarn

So...pictures still forthcoming of the blanket. I actually had someone take some but she's not pulled them off her camera yet.

I haven't been doing too much knitting lately. I'm trying to find a scarf pattern I like to make myself a rather yummy silk scarf with little luck and working on round two of the shawl I was making for a friend in the new and improved yarn I got for it. I haven't gotten too far with that but I'm probably going to work on it a great deal this weekend in between chores so we'll see what happens.

I just got back from Portland/Seattle where I made the friend I was visiting run around looking for yarn stores. We only found one and half (the half being because the second one we found was apparently closed on sundays) I drooled over some very nice yarn from Alchemy yarns that was a metallic red color and another one that that was like silk copper wire but refrained since I didn't have a project in mind for either and without that I couldn't be sure how much to get (and they were both pricey, I'm sad to say) I may look through my patterns and see if there's anything I can use them on and order a bit of it, it was eminently pettable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Herefox said...

Actually I'm not sure if I said I was going to be in Seattle as well. I wasn't actually there for very long, most of my little vacation was in portland. We just went up to Seattle to get lost for a bit then go to a concert

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home