Monday, February 27, 2006

Remembering to post here may be interesting...

I did a bit more work on the blanket that would not end this weekend. Two more color changes (about three inches of actual blanket) I'm already thinking of more interesting ways of modifying the pattern should I ever make it again. The double wrap knit stitch is interesting and I think if you alternated colors every row you'd end up with reversable blanket. That being said, I'm bored with this project a bit now though it makes reasonably good television watching sort of knitting. I think I'd be less bored with it if the color scheme was working out a bit better or more interesting. (I also think it would be interesting to do with noro or another self striping yarn...I have left over bits and pieces of noro, maybe I should make a few more arm warmers for people and use the remenants to make a blanket *grin*)

Of course the main reason that I was doing the blanket was to make some room in my stash since I was serious starting to overflow the plastic bin I have for it...so what do I do this weekend but order more yarn? Excercise in futility. *grin*

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Queer Joe's "Vineyard Throw" that he made from various skeins of Manos a Uruguay was really fab. Lots of visual interest and it seemed like enough changing color/stitch pattern to keep a knitter happy.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home