Monday, April 10, 2006

There's a rule somewhere that if you're going to drop a stitch while knitting lace it will be on the last row of a pattern repeat and it WILL be a yarn over.

Yes, I did rip ten rows of the shawl I'm making out over the weekend, why do you ask?

Other than that lace is fun and frustrating at the same time...I'm looking forward to blocking it so that I can actually see the pattern instead of a rather crumbled thing full of holes (assuming that it won't look like a crumpled thing full of holes when it's blocked...here's hoping anyway!)

The blanket is on hold currently while I work on the shawl as I have a deadline for the shawl. I did twenty rows yesterday along with ripping out and hunting out the stitches from my lifeline to fix it. I almost wish I had a very thin plastic or wood piece to use in place of a thread for a lifeline when doing lace...it will keep it from unravelling but it's not always that easy to pick up the stitches afterwards.

Or maybe I just suck more than a lamprey with big sharp pointy teeth?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's why I've learned to take the time to run a lifeline through the lace I work on... inevitably, I lose the YO during the second half of the project.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home